Los Cabos with Kids – Tips & Recommendations
- The best pastor tacos in Los Cabos are at El Gran Pastor (no seats, just stand and eat along the sidewalk). Delicious!
- The best restaurant in Cabo San Lucas is Edith’s (near but not on the beach).
- The best restaurant in San Jose del Cabo is La Lupita (great food and a fun, trendy atmosphere).
- The Los Tamarindos Cooking Course (an organic farm just outside of San Jose del Cabo) is lots of fun, kid-friendly (assuming your kids are interested), and delicious.
- The best zip line is at El Tule Canyon (about 15 minutes from both Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo).
- The Cabo Half-Day Luxury Sailing Adventure with Snorkeling is excellent. Cruise around the rocky headland with open bar and lunch on board. Staff is helpful and friendly. Easy to find in the marina in Cabo San Lucas.
9 Best Hotels for Families in Los Cabos
1. Casa Dorada – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – luxury
On kid-friendly Medano Beach. Great pool and convenient location an easy walk to shops and restaurants. One-bedroom suites sleep a family of four, two-bedroom suites sleep a family of five or six.
Hotel phone: +52 624 163 5700
Hotel website • Check prices for Casa Dorada
2. Hilton – Corridor, Tequila Cove – luxury
Fantastic resort with exceptional pools, accommodations, and a swathe of activities. The kids’ club for ages 4-12 hosts piñata parties, Mexican crafts, and activities. Two 24-hour pools overlook a swimmable beach. Rooms are spacious, beginning at 50 square meters, all with private balconies and some with outdoor Jacuzzis.
Hotel phone: +52 624 145 6500
Hotel website • Check prices for Hilton
3. Cabo Surf Hotel and Spa – Corridor, Palmilla – luxury
Upscale yet casual family-friendly boutique on a long, sandy beach in a cove. The hotel offers connecting rooms and large suites, up to three-bedrooms with full kitchens. The attached surf school offers classes for ages six and up. All-day dining, two pools, two hot tubs, and a cozy spa.
Hotel phone: +52 624 142 2666
Hotel website • Check prices for Cabo Surf Hotel and Spa
4. Villa La Estancia – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – luxury
Located on sandy, swimmable Medano Beach, with cascading pools and five Jacuzzis. This hacienda-style resort offers spacious suites with up to three bedrooms and full kitchens. Guests here have access to the restaurants, pools, and waterslides at both neighboring sister properties. Full meal plans optional.
Hotel phone: +52 877 897 1951
Hotel website • Check prices for Villa La Estancia
5. Grand Fiesta Americana – Corridor, Cabo del Sol – luxury
Family-friendly, all-inclusive boasting six pools, four whirlpools, and fifteen bars and restaurants. The resort offers spacious two-bedroom suites, plus villas with full kitchens and up to four bedrooms. Direct beach access offers great opportunity for strong swimmers to snorkel, bit is not suitable for beginning swimmers.
Hotel phone: +52 624 145 6500
Hotel website • Check prices for Grand Fiesta Americana
6. Hyatt Ziva – San Jose, Hotel Zone – luxury
All-inclusive resort with four pools, a kids’ splash playground, teen game room, and nightly entertainment. Spacious rooms and two-bedroom suites all include a private terrace; connecting, swim up, or club level options available. Sixteen unique restaurants and bars offer a variety of foods, including Mexican, French, and Japanese, along with a 24 hour cantina.
Hotel phone: +52 624 163 7730
Hotel website • Check prices for Hyatt Ziva
7. Hacienda del Mar – Corridor, Cabo del Sol – luxury
Colonial-style resort with five pools, including a kids’ pool with waterfalls and slides. Enormous suites with up to four bedrooms and two floors can sleep up to ten. Their amazing kids’ club offers pool time, Spanish lessons, and loads of activities. Three-bedroom apartments sleep family of 5 or 6, four-bedroom apartments sleep family of 7 or 8. Near golf courses.
Hotel phone: +52 624 145 8000
Hotel website • Check prices for Hacienda del Mar
8. Sandos Finisterra – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – midrange
All-inclusive, family-friendly resort with three swimming pools, a nightclub, and a spa. Connecting rooms and large suites are available, some with private terrace Jacuzzis. Its small kids club has activities for younger children. Just a short walk into Downtown, though a taxi is best to get back up the hill.
Hotel phone: +52 624 145 6700
Hotel website • Check prices for Sandos Finisterra
9. Bahia Hotel and Beach House – Cabo San Lucas, Downtown – midrange
Trendy boutique hotel with a free form pool, great restaurants, and beach club on swimmable Medano Beach. Newly renovated two-bedrooms suites or connecting rooms area available. Classic rooms and suites are cheaper and have kitchenettes. Amazing location is walking distance to everything in Downtown Cabo, including the marina and plaza.
Hotel phone: +52 624 143 1890
Hotel website • Check prices for Bahia Hotel and Beach House